Monday, May 14, 2012

First Time Home Buyers



Purchasing a a first home can be very exciting and also very nerve racking. The excitement may take over and you may find yourself doing things a little out of order. Most people think they should find the home they want then start the mortgage process. Those people would be wrong. 

When I speak with first time home buyers I like to know that I was the first stop on their journey to home ownership. When I speak with first time buyers I can make it clear exactly what they are going to be able to afford and give a very good estimation of what a monthly payment will be. This protects the buyer from the disappointment of house hunting outside of their price range. 

When I have buyers into my office I want to make sure they are getting the entire picture so I request these documents:

·        Most recent two years (2010 & 2011) federal tax returns and W2’s or 1099’s
·        Most recent pay stubs if salaried
·        All pages of your most recent two months bank statements or quarterly statements for investment or retirement accounts, if there are any large and unusual deposits be ready to explain where they came from

The process of getting a mortgage can be very challenging and frustrating without the proper guidance from a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment